Tomorrow is September 24th and it will be one year since I was diagnosed with cancer. I still can't decide whether it is a year I would rather forget or remember. Through all the pain and suffering and the rollercoaster ride, I have proved to myself how strong I can be and how resilient my body actually is. I would never have made it this far without my amazing family and friends, the ongoing support of my employer, The Heart Foundation, and all the people who have continued to send me good wishes and kept me in their prayers.
Having cancer as a young adult is really tough. Not only do you have to deal with so many physical changes, it is really hard not to be able to do all the things you want to... like going out with friends, pursing career paths, or just doing little every day things that you take for granted. My mind constantly tells me it wants to do this and that, but my body physically can't. I keep forgetting that my body has been to hell and back, especially in the last three months, but I will get there eventually. It is just going to take time for the 'old' Jac to be back.
All in all, everything with the transplant is going ok. I'm not kicking goals but I'm not lagging behind. Just going along nicely. I'm up to day 66 out of 100, so not much longer to be trooping into the hospital day ward three times a week. After day 100, if all is well, visits will be cut back to once a week. I won't know what to do with myself - hopefully I'm well enough to go shopping!! I will definitely be treating myself to a new summer wardrobe! xxx

Hi Jacqui,
ReplyDeleteYou have gone through so much but still have such a great attitude!! You are an inspiration-keep up the positive attitude & enjoy that shopping trip!!
All our love
Tess & Rick Boyle xo
Very inspiring Jac- Even though I don't think I met you during my time in Aussie, Trish is one of my best friends & have been "sideline" tracking your "journey".
ReplyDeleteGood wishes from the Yank in the States.....Thom
Hi Jacqui,
ReplyDeleteYour anniversary falls on Greg's day 100, so you both share something else! Hang in there our special young friend and pretty soon you will also be at the magical milestone. You are truly an inspiraion to all of those who know you and we hope and pray that you will be down on the Bellarine soon, enjoying the local delights.
All of our love and best wishes,
Jill and Greg xx